Picton Mahoney Asset Management (“PMAM”) was founded in 2004 to provide unique investment solutions to institutional, retail and high net worth investors in Canada and around the world. We are proud to say that we are 100% employee-owned and manage approximately $10 billion in sub-advisory, pension plan and hedge fund assets on behalf of our clients. We are honoured to make the ranks as one of Canada’s Top-8 Employers as recognized through Great Place to Work™ in 2020 and 2021, Canada’s 2020 and 2021 Best Workplaces™ in Financial Services & Insurance, 2021 Best Workplaces™ for Women, 2021 Best Workplaces for Inclusion, and 2020 and 2021 Best Workplace™ in Ontario. The core values at Picton Mahoney guide the employee experience and contribute to the culture which fosters strong, transparent relationships.
Why Work at Picton Mahoney?
Picton Mahoney Asset Management is a place where employees can be proud of building a rewarding career that offers growth and the opportunity to evolve within a supportive culture that focuses on professional development. Over the past 15 years, we have learned from feedback and have developed strategies and programs that enhance employee engagement and improve the employee experience. As our values state: We work together; fully engaged and aligned. We support each other, and our actions contribute to the strategic goals of our firm. We are highly focused on continuous improvement while driving positive change and stronger results across our team and the firm. We believe in integrity and always “doing the right thing” for our clients, colleagues and the firm. We are committed to performance, excellence and winning. At Picton Mahoney, “stepping up” is an action, not a thought, which results in the development and implementation of those ideas. We accept full responsibility for personal performance and results. We believe in being open when providing and receiving feedback, because it makes us better at what we do best.
Picton Mahoney Asset Management (“Picton Mahoney”) is presently seeking an energetic and results-oriented individual to join the firm’s technology team as an Infrastructure Manager reporting to the Head of Technology. The successful incumbent will play a vital role in supporting our growing infrastructure and providing care for our business users.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Provide technical support to business users
- Enhance, maintain and support workstations
- Assist with network maintenance and support
- Upgrade and deploy the latest infrastructure technologies
- Maintain telephony including our VOIP system and MDM for mobile devices
- Work as part of a small, motivated and highly productive team
- Produce technical documentation
- Coordinate with our Managed Service Provider
The Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or a related field
- 3+ years of Windows desktop and server support experience
- One or more Windows certifications such as MD-100, MD-101, MD-102
- Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, or equivalent are beneficial
- Experience with Microsoft Windows infrastructure environments such as Active Directory and Azure (Hybrid) infrastructure
- Experience with Android and Apple devices
- Enjoy being a subject matter expert and working with business users daily
- Highly motivated team player as well as a strong individual contributor
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Experience working with an MSP is a strong advantage
- Previous financial services industry background beneficial
Competencies of a Successful Leader at Picton Mahoney
- Results-Oriented: Does everything to be as productive as possible; keeps 100% focused on work; takes initiative to start and complete tasks.
- Collaboration: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization. Builds appropriate rapport; Builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact; Can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Critical Thinking: Able to objectively examine assumptions and beliefs; Makes decisions that impact problems at their cause rather than just the symptom; Uses a decision-making approach that is fair and accurate; Demonstrates insightful understanding of the organizational context and priorities; Foresees long-term implications of proposed positions.
- Customer Focus: Communicates in a positive manner, especially when handling complaints or conflict; efficiently obtains additional resources as needed to satisfy customer needs. Can refer internal or external people to the correct person in the organization
- Cultivates Innovation: Total understanding of the marketplace for products and services (what are the benefits to your customer and why do they buy your product); Is able to select from among many possible creative ideas for new products and services, those which would have the highest likelihood of success in the marketplace; Taking the raw idea and managing the transition to a successful product or process in the marketplace.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Understands technical expectations of the job and uses all resources available to improve effectiveness within the organization.
- Passion for Results: Can be counted on to exceed expectations on a regular basis; Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; Very bottom-line oriented; Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Personal Learning or Self-Development: Engages in continuous self-development; Tackles challenges with enthusiasm and determination; Admits mistakes and openly identifies opportunities for personal growth; Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits
Above all, we’re looking for individuals with a mindset to think differently and who are inspired to make BIG impact. If you think that you will excel in this multi-faceted role, we want to hear from you!
Our Commitment to Employees
Picton Mahoney Asset Management is proud to offer our employees with generous perks and programs that enhance the career experience with our firm, including: Corporate Wellness & Fitness Reimbursement, Maternity and Parental Leave Top-Up, Peer Performance Recognition Awards, Semi-Annual Performance Bonuses, Generous Annual Vacation Entitlement (minimum of 15 days/year), Tuition Reimbursement, Extensive Medical & Dental Benefits, Healthcare Spending Account and more.
Picton Mahoney Asset Management is proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work® as a 2021 “Best Workplaces for Inclusion” and 2021 “Best Workplaces for Women”. We are committed to providing an equitable and fair work environment for everyone and all hiring and other personnel actions will be taken without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, sex, disability, gender identity, gender expression, family status, age, language or national origin. If you require an accommodation at any point in time throughout the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (416) 955-4108 or at email@example.com.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, follow this link to apply via LinkedIn.