Givecloud is an early-stage software start-up based in Ottawa, Canada. Our team is made up of industry experts and C-Suite Fortune 500 advisors bent on using their collective experience, skills and industry knowledge to disrupt and rescue an underserved market: the non-profit sector.
Our software enables non-profit staff and volunteers to focus more of their time and money on their mission, and less on dated systems and painful admin. Our best-in-class donor experience drives engagement, relationships and ultimately, healthier fundraising, enabling our customers to build trust and credibility with their donors and stakeholders.
We’re searching for a Senior or Intermediate Laravel Developer who is passionate about writing and shipping great code, and making the best product possible.
As a key early hire for our Engineering team, you’ll be instrumental in growing and building out the core Givecloud platform, ensuring that it is performant, high-quality, predictable, and aligned with Givecloud’s mission to untie the hands of World-changers.
Who You Are
- You’re continuously learning and increasing your knowledge and skills.
- A true team player: supportive, collaborative, easy to work with.
- Highly self-motivated; well-suited to thrive in a remote environment.
- You care deeply about the developer experience; eg, writing great documentation.
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years experience as a Laravel developer.
- A sophisticated understanding of the main components of Laravel: Eloquent, Queues, Jobs, Service Providers, etc.
- Soilid database skills (preferably in MySQL, but also one of: Postgres/PostGIS, SQLite, SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis).
- Experience building out APIs / connections to 3rd party applications.
- Experience using testing frameworks (PHPUnit and Dusk).
- Experience with our development tooling (Github, Composer, Docker, Google Cloud Platform, Command Line).
- Experienced in, and well-suited to, an environment that develops in quick iterations, balancing shifting priorities and using retrospection for process improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Why Work Here?
- We have an amazing culture (high level of trust, asynchronous work, remote-done-right)
- You’ll be heard, valued, and empowered to leave your mark.
- You’ll have the opportunity to apply your skills to creative, challenging work, and do something great.
- You’ll own your tasks and your success, and even a piece of the company.
- We’re a virtual team, so you can work from home.
If you’d like to join our team, please send a cover letter and resume via our application portal. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Givecloud values diversity and is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team and an inclusive work environment. We encourage applications from people with disabilities and will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process.