SHOEBOX Ltd. is looking for a creative and accomplished candidate to join our Research and Development team. You will assist in the development and maintenance of iOS applications and frameworks, and participate in many facets of the development life cycle, including: technical story writing, technical designs, documentation, implementation, testing and debugging.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you
You are capable of owning small to medium sized features with little to no guidance, and you want to make a positive impact on the world at the same time.
Your primary responsibilities
- Be an active member of a motivated, tight-knit team
- Produce clean, maintainable, high-quality code
- Maintain and refactor legacy application and libraries
- Produce design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse
- Mentor and support junior developers
- Contribute to the team’s growth by actively participating in code reviews, weekly technical workshops, and pair programming
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job
- Help produce and maintain automation scripts for CI and others (e.g. Fastlane, Bitrise)
- Assist in technical story writing
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent job experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience developing iOS applications in Swift
- Strong understanding of iOS frameworks and architectural patterns
- Experience with Git
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as part of the remote team
- Experience with Reactive programming frameworks (e.g. RxSwift), SwiftUI and Combine
- Experience with Realm Swift database
- Experience with dependency managers (e.g. SPM, CocoaPods)
- Experience building localized applications
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience collaborating with UX designers (Figma)
- Knowledge of Audio and Digital Signal Processing
Who are we?
We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Development function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
To learn more about us and what we stand for, read the SHOEBOX Audiometry story and our company’s audiometry and hearing screening blog.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If this sounds like a good fit for you, follow this link to apply via LinkedIn.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.