Baiame (bai-ah-mee) Consulting is a professional services firm based in Ottawa, with a mix of public and private sector clients across Canada, the UK and US. We provide pragmatic, efficient and tailored financial, risk and performance management solutions and advice. We’re a team of hard-working consultants who truly want to help our clients cultivate excellence in their practices, empowering them to foster a culture of continuous improvement and ongoing value.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded, motivated, engaged and experienced Manager, Risk and Financial Management to become an integral part of growing our company in size, value, geography and industry. Someone who can take on portions of our increasing project workload, provide insight and leads into new business opportunities, and participate strategically in driving the business forward. Our ideal candidate will be able to embrace and exhibit Baiame’s mission, vision and values while working closely with clients to identify pragmatic, efficient solutions for the challenges they face. We are a small team that loves what we do, and we are growing quickly - the sky is the limit!
- Managing a diverse set of projects at any given time, from financial policy review to internal control and internal audit to business transformation engagements.
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to clients on matters of financial and risk management, internal control, governance, etc.
- Developing innovative and technologically advanced ways to help clients address challenges and solve problems.
- Applying proven project management techniques to all engagements to ensure client satisfaction and project profitability.
- Managing and coaching cross-functional teams of consultants and sub-contractors on your engagements.
- Being accountable for the work of the teams on your projects, including the quality, timeliness, practicality and overarching value of the solutions being offered.
- Identifying and tracking potential business development opportunities, nurturing client relationships, negotiating contracts and supporting or leading proposal writing to build and generate business for the company.
- Championing team-building activities and facilitating internal discussions on how to improve the business and culture.
- Developing your expertise in a specialization and your reputation as a business advisor.
Required skills and experience
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Undergraduate Degree in related field (e.g. Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics).
- Relevant professional designation (e.g. CPA, CISA or CIA).
- Security Clearance at the SECRET level for the Government of Canada.
- Experience managing a team of at least three people.
- Experience managing multiple projects with different stakeholders at one time.
- Proven ability and experience in negotiation, influence and/or business development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication - listening, oral and written skills.
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking and logical structuring skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Professional services experience is an asset.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our recruitment partners at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume and a cover letter (within the same document) explaining why you would be a great addition to our team.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baiame Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Baiame Consulting respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.