CANARIE connects Canada to the world. Our programs equip researchers, students, and startups in Canada to excel on the global stage.
Together with our 13 provincial and territorial partners, we form Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). This ultra-high-speed network connects Canada’s researchers, educators, and innovators to each other and to global data, technology, and colleagues.
To strengthen the security of Canada’s research and education sector, we collaborate with our partners in the NREN, government, academia, and the private sector to fund, implement, and support cybersecurity initiatives. We also provide identity management services to the academic community and boost Canada’s startups with cloud resources and expertise in emerging technologies.
Established in 1993, CANARIE is a non-profit corporation, with most of our funding provided by the Government of Canada.
Who We Are
We’re a small team of dedicated thinkers, innovators, and problem-solvers. Our team is positive, passionate, and collaborative.
We work with Canada’s higher-ed community, private sector, and government partners to ensure that Canada’s bright researchers and entrepreneurs benefit from the technologies and tools that are critical to their success. Together with our partners across the country, we work to ensure that Canada leads in research and innovation.
The Position: Program Operations Coordinator
The Program Operations Coordinator is accountable for supporting the efficient coordination and implementation of CANARIE’s programs, with a goal of maximizing workflow efficiency and providing support for programs while ensuring high levels of accuracy and quality program delivery to CANARIE stakeholders.
This is a full-time, term position through August 31, 2024, that reports to CANARIE’s Director, Program Operations.
- Supporting the management of program initiatives, coordinating team activities, and tracking progress of those initiatives
- Coordinating, scheduling, and participating in a variety of stakeholder meetings: including drafting agendas, coordinating logistics, and taking minutes
- Driving the rhythm of action items and tracking follow-up activities including determining status and following through to completion
- Developing a deep knowledge and understanding of the programs and supporting their committees
- Coordinating program activities such as webinars and training
- Preparing contracts and related amendments for program participants using standard templates
- Overseeing, maintaining, and developing CANARIE’s process documentation database and documentation program
- Supporting the development of standardized program reporting and related metrics
- Participating in team initiatives and projects
- Providing back-up support for team members
- Travel may occasionally be required
- Other related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, inclusion, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree or a suitable combination of education, experience and training
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Positive approach, adaptable and friendly
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with confidence and a strong commitment to service
- Excellent consultative, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- E-signature software and application software experience is desirable
Come Work with Us
If you're interested in this role, please apply using this link.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.