For more information about RBR, visit our website at www.rbr-global.com
RBR creates instruments to measure the blue planet. The effects of climate change are being seen from the ocean's abyss to the polar ice caps. Our sensors quantify this change to support better analysis, improved planning, and more effective mitigation strategies for our customers.
Reporting to the President, as the Head of Sales at RBR, you will lead a sales team located across the planet, directing and managing global sales processes by defining the revenue strategy with the executive team. You will identify the pipeline of opportunities, understand client needs and decision-making processes, and ultimately drive substantial revenue growth.
- Direct a cross-disciplinary global sales team to build market share in the oceanographic instrumentation value chain - both end user and OEM/vehicle markets.
- Work closely with customers, adapting the team's approach with academic, government, and industry customers.
- Align the team around unique selling attributes and value proposition, and provide customer feedback to the R&D and product teams around customer pain points, aspirations, and opportunities for differentiation.
- Manage the sales budget and work interactively with the support team on service revenue opportunities and on customer satisfaction.
- Prepare and maintain detailed plans for all tenders, manage the bid process and scope, and leverage standard designs whilst minimizing engineering input to exceed customer expectations.
- Alongside product management and finance, you will work on pricing policies that enable competitiveness, strategic opportunities, and profitability.
- Prepare work schedules, assign duties, and ensure a culture of prompt and exacting customer care.
- A minimum of 10 years of sales experience for technology companies, with at least 5 years of experience managing and building high performing sales teams.
- Strong process knowledge of the oceanography, water quality, or scientific instrumentation markets.
- A truly international background, with a track record of success with North American and Asian markets and a solid understanding of the intricacies of selling into the academic research market.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations to prospects, customers, and partners.
- An encouraging, communicative leadership style and ethic of coaching and support for your team.
- A track record of building exceptional customer relationships founded on trust and integrity.
- A willingness to travel internationally (up to 30%).
To apply, you must prepare a cover letter that explains why you want to work at RBR and what you can uniquely contribute to our team. In addition, as part of our screening process, we require you to complete a personality profile questionnaire using this link. http://www.profileperformancesystem.com/survey.html?SL=61472
Please submit your application through our job posting site here. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.