Netsweeper is a leading provider of application and internet content classification and filtering solutions for businesses, educational institutions, government organizations, service providers, carriers, and OEM partners around the world. The Netsweeper platform provides the web security tools necessary to optimize network usage while providing users with a positive, productive, and safe internet experience.
Founded in 1999, Netsweeper has locations in Canada, UK, Dubai, India, the Netherlands, Australia, the United States, the Middle-East, Africa, Malaysia, Pakistan, and South America. For more information visit www.netsweeper.com
Our Sales team is looking for a motivated, results-driven, and conscientious Sales Manager to support the continuing growth of sales in the US market. The Sales Manager will be located in the state of Tennessee, will report directly to the CEO, and will be a contributing member of Netsweeper’s global Sales team.
The Sales Manager is responsible for account management, business growth and development in their region and will have direct involvement with prospects and client management.
Leveraging technical domain knowledge, the Sales Manager will co-ordinate and facilitate the support of Sales Engineers, Professional Services (implementation resources), Development, Finance and Customer Service resources, and other resources as needed.
- Actively pursues new customers and opportunities within the assigned region.
- Represents themselves and our company with integrity, intelligence and dedication and is passionate about educating others about our software solutions.
- Understands customers' diverse, specific business needs and applies Netsweeper product knowledge to meet those needs.
- Ensures quality of service by developing a thorough knowledge of technical specifications and other features of Netsweeper Software.
- Is persistent in engaging with prospects and clients using all the technology and techniques that we have at our disposal to ensure they understand the value of the solutions we have to offer.
- Assesses customers’ evolving technical needs - asking questions, soliciting key information, and listening to understand, anticipate and exceed their expectations.
- Prepares and delivers customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and confidently.
- Advises on software features and how they can be applied to assist in a variety of contexts.
- Sets and meets meaningful and quantifiable sales targets in coordination with Sales leadership.
- Responds to tender documents, writing proposals, reports and supporting literature.
- Schedules and completes weekly activities which include cold calling, phone prospecting and face-to-face meetings.
- Responds to customer or reseller inquires in person, via email or telephone in a timely manner and reaches out to existing customers in order to maintain strong lines of communication with them.
- Documents daily activity in Salesforce to track performance and maintain accurate information on opportunities.
- Builds strong networks that generate business opportunities.
- Assists with Accounts Receivable resolution.
- Enjoys meeting/speaking with customers, gets to understand their needs, updates customer information in the CRM, and works to resolve customer problems.
Measures of Success
- Meeting assigned quotas for sales including revenue and units.
- Maintaining an appropriate sales funnel/ratio vs. quota by converting leads into sales.
- Sustaining and expanding existing sales (renewals and expansion).
- Achieving set objectives as defined by the Sales Executive.
- College or University degree, or equivalent, ideally in a technical field.
- Minimum 10 years’ sales experience, including 5 years’ experience in a B2B sales role.
- Proven ability to manage complex sales cycles utilizing solution-selling and consultative selling techniques.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills as well as follow-through.
- Proven track record of superior sales performance metrics and of successfully negotiating and managing the sales cycle to closing of the sale.
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm, coupled with solid problem-solving skills.
- Experienced using CRM systems and processes effectively and responsibly (e.g., Salesforce).
- Able and willing to travel within and outside of their state as required and requested (within COVID-19 protocols).
- Base salary of $60,000 USD
- Variable compensation up to $45,000 USD, for a total OTE of $105,000 USD.
- Comprehensive medical health coverage.
- Paid vacation time off, paid sick leave, and public holiday pay.
- Annual Training Reimbursement and Internal Training Programs is available to enhance learning opportunities for employees.
The above job posting, and information, was written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. Occasionally other job-related duties may be assigned.
To apply for this position, please submit your application through our job posting site here. We thank all applicants for their interest, but due to the volume of resumes we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that LinkedIn will allow you to attach just one document to your application, so we urge you to add your cover letter to your resume document.