Heideman Forest Services is a family-owned forestry company in operation since 1974. Our operations include forest management, two sawmills, a remanufacturing operation, a planing mill, and a distribution yard. Both sawmills have been certified as Safe Workplaces of Ontario by the Ontario Forestry Safe Workplace Association.
At Heideman we place a high value on sustainable, renewable, and safe forestry.
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced supervisor to oversee production at our planer mill near Eganville, Ontario. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Production Supervisor will hire and manage employees, plan, and assign work, implement policies and procedures, and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Our ideal candidate is a positive, forward-thinking leader with excellent people management skills, experience in a manufacturing environment, and a strong focus on safety.
- Establish and monitor overall production quality standards.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Manage department priorities.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Provides direction, development, and leadership to shift supervisors.
- Some post-secondary education in a technical field or trade is an asset.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience. Experience in a manufacturing environment is a strong asset.
- Technical acumen.
- Strong understanding of Health & Safety regulations (OHSA).
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities.
- Knowledge of sound performance management principles and practices.
- Self-motivated, with a results-driven approach.
- Ability to complete written reports legibly and accurately.
- Strong problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Salary: $55,000-$64,000 per year
Benefits: Dental, Extended Health, Vision
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to our recruiting partners at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Heideman Forest Services is an equal opportunity employer and respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Upon request we will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.