RBR creates instruments to measure the blue planet. From the ocean abyss to the polar ice cap, our sensors track water parameters such as temperature, depth, salinity, dissolved gases, and many others. RBR equipment enables researchers to develop innovative measurement solutions that are deployed in the surf zone, mounted on underwater drones, dropped out of planes, towed behind boats, and sent to the bottom of the deep ocean.
As a Senior Electronics Engineer at RBR, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of R&D professionals in the areas of firmware, electronics, mechanical, software, systems and sensor engineering along with oceanographers. The right person will be a hands-on problem solver who has the ability to work independently, take responsibility, and produce high quality work. As part of small team of technical experts, you must be dedicated, an effective communicator, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your ability to develop products with mixed signal, very low power circuits, and low noise board level design will allow you to make a real and positive contribution to RBR products and for our customers.
Over the last five years, we’ve grown 20% annually and are now ~70 people. We’ve been recognised for three years by Growth 500 and have won a Best Ottawa Business Award.
We provide a balanced work environment complete with a very competitive compensation package.
- Design and develop mixed signal, very low power, low noise, board level products using analogue;
- Implement low power op-amp and comparator based signal processing circuits;
- Implement low noise, low power analogue to digital converter front ends and converters;
- Design, implement and bring through to production, board level electronics in support of RBR's product line;
- Be accountable for design quality and product integrity for products released to production;
- Provide first-line support to our Production/Assembly Team for electronics related issues and to provide second-line support in the resolution of RBR customer issues;
- Work with, develop and enhance microprocessor based product designs;
- Work within a multidisciplinary team with multiple priorities and product design needs;
- Create detailed multi-discipline project schedules, technical specifications and prototype verification plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with between ten (10) and twenty (20) years of work experience in a similar position;
- Experience in the implementation of interfaces to sensors such as thermistors, resistive bridge based pressure sensors;
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB board layout. Direct experience with Altium preferred;
- Experience in the development of precision scientific or oceanographic instruments beneficial;
- Experience with the development of battery powered instruments and a range of battery chemistries;
- Experience designing low-power, low-noise power supplies;
- Familiarity with embedded firmware development. Direct experience with ST STM32 and TI MSP430 preferred;
- Demonstrated abilities debugging electronics and system level issues using modern lab equipment including high speed oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, voltmeters, etc.;
- Familiarity with "Engineering for Manufacturing" concepts;
- Experience working in a small company environment;
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a cross-functional team.
To apply, you must prepare a cover letter that explains why you want to work at RBR and what you can uniquely contribute to the team. Please submit both through our application website linked here. In addition, as part of our screening process, we require you to complete a personality profile questionnaire using this link.
For more information about RBR, visit our website.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.