BTA Design Services Inc is hiring! Come and join one of the fastest growing design services companies in Ottawa. We're currently searching for a talented, experienced FPGA Design Engineer with a strong background in cellular radio, RAN or Base Station FPGAs. Be part of a company that offers interesting work in challenging, stimulating technical environments with companies that lead the world in technology and innovation.
We recognize that our strength is in the individuals who bring their talents with them to work so at BTA Design Services, we foster an environment where everyone on the team is appreciated, trusted and engaged. We also recognize that work-life balance is important and we strive to provide our employees not just with challenging roles but with roles that also allow them to enjoy family, friends and life outside of work.
- Understand high-level requirements and translate them into detailed specifications.
- Design and implement RTL logic (mainly Verilog or System Verilog), run block-level simulation, FPGA synthesis and backend, timing closure.
- Interface with the broader FPGA design team, hardware team and software team.
- Perform lab bring-up, product integration and support.
- Provide technical support to customers and lead them through complex technical issues.
The ideal individual is a senior/staff/principal FPGA Design Engineer with the following:
- Experience in cellular radio, RAN or Base Station FPGA design (5G, 4G, LTE,,...)
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in EE or equivalent skills/experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in progressive roles.
- Experience with modern FPGA development and tools including logic design, synthesis, PnR and timing closure.
- Experience with high-speed FPGA Design Flow using Verilog and Xilinx Vivado.
- Experience with complex asynchronous clock boundaries & high-speed serial interfaces.
- Experience in a lab environment, troubleshooting issues up to the system level.
- Test verification and scripting experience is a plus.
- Track record as a self-starter, a team player and a leader.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- FPGA design in digital cellular radio, RAN or Base Stations.
- Modern cellular standards (e.g. 5G, 4G, LTE, 3GPP, O-RAN).
- DSP algorithm design and implementation in DSP devices or FPGAs.
- Fronthaul/midhaul connectivity, eCPRI, CPRI, 10G+ Ethernet, optical networking.
- CPU, GPU, NPU, DSP processor sub-system design or integration.
To apply for this position, please submit your application through our job posting site here. We thank all applicants for their interest, but due to the volume of resumes we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.