We are currently looking for an entrepreneurial-minded, motivated, engaged, and experienced Senior Consultant, Risk Management to become an integral part of growing our company in size, value, geography, and industry. We are a small team, but we love what we do, and we are growing quickly - the sky is the limit!
Baiame (bai-ah-mee) Consulting is a professional services firm based in Ottawa, with a mix of public and private sector clients across Canada, the UK, and the US, that provides pragmatic, efficient, tailored, and superior financial, risk and performance management solutions and advice. We focus on financial, risk and performance management and business transformation. We’re a small team of hard-working consultants who truly want to help our clients cultivate excellence in their practices, empowering them to foster a culture of continuous improvement and ongoing value.
Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in finance, entrepreneurship or general commerce and will be looking to develop skills in a wide variety of environments, as well as provide innovative and valuable feedback to the Baiame team. The candidate will be working directly with Baiame management as well as interacting directly with clients and other stakeholders. Strong interpersonal skills and initiative are required to thrive in the Baiame environment.
- Reinforce project managers and consulting team by providing required consulting services.
- Work directly with clients in providing advice, support, and guidance, as required.
- Manage and oversee smaller projects, with specific clients.
- Grow skillset and network through execution of projects.
- Identify opportunities for new business and markets, based on current projects and experience.
Required skills and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in risk management, external or internal audit, finance or similar.
- Undergraduate Degree in related field (e.g., business, finance, accounting, economics).
- Working towards or hold relevant designation (e.g., CPA or CIA).
- Security Clearance at the SECRET level for the Government of Canada.
- Ability to work independently and think entrepreneurially.
- Excellent oral and written communication (ability in English and French preferred, but not required).
- Time management and work prioritization.
- Flexibility on day-to-day work activities.
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking and logical structuring skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Professional services experience is an asset.
- Ability to laugh when working under pressure (we sure do!).
Please apply through LinkedIn here and include your resume and a cover letter (within the same document) explaining why you would be a great addition to our team.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baiame Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Baiame Consulting respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate your need in your application.