Founded in 1967, M.P. Lundy Construction (Lundy) protects and supports its clients by providing expert advice and oversight in all matters related to planning and executing complex construction projects across Eastern Ontario.
Our dedication to creating strong professional relationships combined with a tremendous natural desire to see our clients succeed has enabled us to become a leader in customer-focused Design-Build and Construction Management solutions. Since our inception, our continuous evolution has been rooted in the belief that we must always look for ways to improve how we plan, communicate, and execute. With this in mind, our commitment to refining our key processes, year after year, has transformed our organization in a fundamental way and continues to propel us to succeed.
We execute on what we say, we look forward and plan effectively, and we inspire confidence that we can make it happen and deliver predictable results. If you share our commitment to fostering long-term relationships, honouring commitments, and executing on plans, we want to talk to you.
This position will provide overall on-site management, administrative and technical direction on construction project site. Enforce company and project policies and ensures project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Experience with buildings construction is a requirement.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the project quality program.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high-quality standards are maintained.
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team, ensuring project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Issues material and services purchase orders and confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment.
- Supervises field employees, making sure their work is planned and performed efficiently and makes sure their timesheets are accurately coded.
- Mentors project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression.
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information.
- A minimum of 10 years of construction management experience with a heavy focus on buildings construction.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes.
- Solid understanding of current construction practices.
- Experience in ICI is essential.
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders.
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to lead and evaluate trade performance is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, quality control, engineering drawings and other documents.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others a must.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound knowledge of construction techniques, practices and fundamentals
- Experience with contract and subcontract management
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and work within a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management
- Maintain valid Ontario (G) driver’s license
- Ability to travel as required
- Working computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Please apply online through our job application platform, which you can access here.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about MP Lundy Construction Inc, please visit our website at mplundy.com
MP Lundy Construction respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodations throughout the recruitment and hiring processes.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.