RBR creates instruments to measure the blue planet. From the ocean abyss to the polar ice cap, our sensors track water parameters such as temperature, depth, salinity, dissolved gases, and many others. RBR equipment enables researchers to develop innovative measurement solutions that are deployed in the surf zone, mounted on underwater drones, dropped out of planes, towed behind boats, and sent to the bottom of the deep ocean.
As a Technical Writer at RBR, you will work in conjunction with the support team to gather and centralize internal product technical information and help develop concise user-facing product documentation. The end goal is a "single source of truth" for the product's technical information that is up to date and complete.
Over the last five years, we’ve grown 20% annually and are now ~70 people. We’ve been recognised for three years by Growth 500 and have won a Best Ottawa Business Award.
We provide a balanced work environment complete with a very competitive compensation package.
- Write high-quality and understandable technical documentation;
- Communicate with product designers and developers to understand product details;
- Collaborate with technical staff;
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets RBR's standards, is appropriate and easy to use;
- Analyze and manage existing and new product content;
- Create and maintain the information architecture;
- Produce user manual/guides/videos for distribution to help end-users;
- Research and collect usability feedback from designers and manufacturers.
- Graduate of a recognized technical writing post-secondary program with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in technical writing or the equivalent;
- Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for customers;
- Creative skills and usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding;
- Excellent written skills in English;
- Background in science or engineering preferred;
- Critical thinker and good problem-solving skills;
- Team player;
- Good time-management skills;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply, you must prepare a cover letter that explains why you want to work at RBR and what you can uniquely contribute to the team. Please submit both through our application website linked here. In addition, as part of our screening process, we require you to complete a personality profile questionnaire using this link.
For more information about RBR, visit our website.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.