The Hotel Association of Canada is the leading voice of the Canadian Hotel & Lodging industry, bringing legislative solutions to industry challenges. Our mission is to enhance the prosperity of the Canadian Hotel and Lodging industry through strong member engagement, effective advocacy, and the provision of valued programs and services.
The Hotel Association of Canada is currently recruiting a Vice President, Finance & Operations. The candidate will be a proven strategic and operational leader who will oversee the financial and operational programs of the organization and play a key executive-level role in driving revenue through enhanced member programs and sponsorship.
Designed specifically to assist hotels in reducing their carbon footprint – Green Key Global – our signature program, is poised for significant North American expansion. Building on previous business development experience, the VP Finance and Operations will drive this expansion and growth, inclusive of strategic partnerships required to support the operation. As sustainability is a core value for our global hotel brands, this program has never been more relevant or well positioned for growth.
Building on the Association’s recent and significant membership growth (almost 5000% in 4 years), the VP Finance and Operations will have free reign to generate new, creative sponsorship opportunities for our engaged supplier community, and continued growth strategies for membership.
Reporting to the President, the VP of Finance & Operations is a progressive and strategic leader who is looking to join a dynamic, high-performance team. Overseeing Finance, Operations, and HR processes, the candidate will ensure that staff are well supported and positioned to drive the mission and vision of the Association. This is a senior and critically important role at this time in the Association’s growth.
- Direct liaison with the Board and Finance Committee on all Finance related matters as well as Membership and Green Key.
- Direct the management and control of the Accounting function, including asset/liability management, investment management, risk and performance management, reporting and timely submission of all statutory filings.
- Ownership and accountability for financial policies, procedures and controls.
- Plan, develop and manage budgets and reserve funds.
- Oversee the preparation of annual audited financial statements; liaise with external auditors.
HR and Operations
- Oversee the development, implementation and management of HR strategy, policies and processes, ensuring optimal organizational and individual performance.
- Ensure compliance of all HR and operational policies based on provincial and federal laws and standards.
- Lead change management initiatives across the organization, as required.
- Direct management of staff with supporting Finance, Membership and Green Key functions.
- Accountability for facilities and operations functions and requirements across the organization, including leasing, insurance, equipment and risk management.
Programs – Green Key
- Responsible for the expansion, planning and development of the Green Key Program.
- Budget management for the program.
Programs – Membership
- Responsible for continued membership growth and refinement of membership pricing and Governance model.
- Drive conversion plan for new complimentary members into paying members (700+).
- Continued refinement of membership offerings and strong communications/engagement plan.
- Lead the review of a sponsorship model driving additional revenue for the organization and value for its members.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A seasoned leader with a combination of relevant experience and education. A recognized professional accounting designation preferred.
- 10 years of progressive financial management experience and extensive knowledge of business practices and approaches related to management, corporate services, corporate governance, risk and performance management, audit, and comptrollership.
- Broad knowledge of, and experience overseeing, HR, and Operations programs.
- Strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial spirit to innovate and grow our programs both in terms of offering and geography.
- A progressive, collaborative, engaging leader with the passion and energy to build relationships, empower teams, and play a lead role in driving the Associations’ vision, mission and programs.
- A strong understanding of what it means to build and drive member value, with the ability to grow the membership base through collaboration, innovation and learning.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to our executive recruitment partner, the Business Sherpa Group, by emailing both to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.