Business Sherpa Group (BSG) provides flexible consulting services to small and mid-sized organizations. Our clients range from high-tech start-ups, to not-for-profits, to owner-operated businesses. Since 2008, our team of experienced HR, Finance, and Strategy consultants have brought essential strategic and tactical support to hundreds of clients across North America.
We’re currently looking to add virtual Controllers to our team of finance consultants.
Ideal candidates for our team have built their knowledge and skills working within a diverse range of corporate environments over a number of years, and are now looking for flexible hours, remote work, or simply the freedom to work with their own clients as well as ours. Consultants join our group to work with like-minded people, to be connected to a team, and to work in a way that leverages their significant expertise but enables them to achieve the work/life balance they seek.
Top candidates will have:
- A professional accounting designation, and several years of experience in senior Finance roles in a range of small and mid-sized organizations.
- The ability to evaluate accounting systems and controls, produce analyses and forecasts, and oversee and mentor junior accounting resources.
- Aptitude to enhance current systems and contribute new ideas with a focus on improving existing processes.
- Smarts, confidence, humility, and a collaborative nature.
- The highest ethical standards, and trusted relationships within the industry that have been established over the years.
- A suite of interpersonal, communication and leadership skills that enables you to effectively advise and influence CEOs, Executive Directors and owners.
- A strong team orientation embodied by a “nothing is beneath me” attitude.
- True entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for fast-paced, growing environments.
A typical day might include:
- Managing activities of the finance team, which processes all financial transactions, payroll and benefits administration, and produces draft monthly and annual financial reports.
- Developing, recommending, and implementing changes in financial reporting, accounting procedures and internal controls to enhance operational efficiency.
- Preparing and defending financial statements, supplementary schedules and reports; and ensuring their accuracy, validity and completeness within prescribed submission deadlines.
- Preparing variance analysis which reflect the nuances of the business and a keen understanding of variance rationales.
- Assisting in negotiation of contracts with and manage relationships with suppliers, customers, distribution partners and investors along with CEO and other team members, coordinating any requirement for review by outside counsel;
- In conjunction with the CFO, managing relationship with audit firm for annual audit and income tax activities and managing sales tax/employment matters in both Canada and the U.S.;
- Managing financial, operational and administration systems and policies, recommending changes and improvements as the business grows.
Interested? Let’s hear from you!
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Business Sherpa Group respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities and provides accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.