The Eclipse Foundation provides individuals and organizations with a business-friendly environment for open source software collaboration and innovation. The Foundation is home to the Eclipse IDE, Jakarta EE, and over 415 open source projects, including runtimes, tools, and frameworks for cloud and edge applications, IoT, AI, automotive, digital ledger technologies, and many others.
The Virtual Event Specialist will play an integral role in community outreach and engagement for the Eclipse Foundation. This role is responsible for the successful preparation for and implementation of virtual/online conferences, events, and webinars for the Foundation and assigned Working Groups. As part of the Marketing team, this role will ensure our virtual events are executed professionally, ensuring community engagement and satisfaction, and driving overall audience growth.
The successful candidate will be a highly creative and enthusiastic self-starter who strives for excellence, with a proven ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and team members. This position requires attention to detail, relationship building, and project management skills.
- Coordinate all internal and external stakeholders to plan for and execute virtual/online conferences, events, and webcasts for the Foundation and assigned Working Groups
- Facilitate live virtual sessions as required
- Manage a virtual event calendar that includes coordinating event times, scheduling, communicating with virtual event speakers, and managing platform logistics
- Work with the Eclipse Foundation Marketing team to coordinate promotion, graphic design, and swag ordering for various events
- As required, assist in maintaining the conference schedule and budget for the Eclipse Foundation and assigned Working Groups
- As required, set up and manage event tools for registration, webcasting and communications
- Work with the Foundation’s Web Development team to create event websites
- Analyze the success of each event and propose creative new ways to improve the experience of the attendees
- Propose improved ways of operating based on your experience at other virtual conferences and events
- Perform additional duties and special projects, as required
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach, scheduling, hosting, and vendor relationship management
- Comfortable appearing on camera for facilitating events
- High attention to detail with superior organizational skills
- Proven experience with webinar and video conferencing platforms (e.g. Crowdcast, Zoom, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in developer communities; knowledge of the Eclipse Foundation community is an asset
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and work independently
To apply, please submit a detailed resume and cover letter. We offer a competitive annual salary and comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website.
This is a permanent, full-time position, with the candidate eligible to participate in our competitive benefits package, including participating in our RRSP matching program.
The Eclipse Foundation respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.