The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) is one of Canada’s oldest national specialty organizations. Established in 1944, the Society’s mission is to promote excellence in the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology and to advance the health of women through leadership, advocacy, collaboration, and education.
The SOGC has over 4,000 members, comprised of obstetricians, gynaecologists, family physicians, nurses, midwives, and allied health professionals working in the field of sexual reproductive health.
The SOGC continues to be a leading national and international authority on women’s reproductive health and on evidence-based training and education.
The SOGC is seeking a Webmaster/Content Producer to grow, improve and maintain our website infrastructure. In this exciting new role, you will ensure our websites are easy to use, up-to-date, attractive and secure. You will also oversee content and user experience improvements to meet user needs.
Your strong technical background and marketing brain will come together to develop new online products and activities such as social media events, video content, visuals and podcasting.
The SOGC’s family of websites (6 total) serve an important public education purpose as well as a valuable destination for our membership.
- Drive website traffic using traffic generation campaigns, keyword/search engine optimization, back link referrals, banner ads, etc.
- Write or coordinate website content development with external agencies and Corporate Communications
- Create a website style guide for cohesive design elements across all pages
- Test websites across browsers, operating systems and devices
- Monitor and analyze site performance
- Employ analytical tools (e.g. Google analytics) to study, analyze and improve browsing patterns
- Maintain and improve content and usability of a new member portal
- Recommend and execute content improvements (written, visual or video) and overall user experience for all websites
- Support social media and online marketing campaigns
- Debug pages and fix broken links and images
- Manage access rights for users and set up login pages
- Act as the technical lead for activities such as podcasts, Facebook Live events, webinars
- Keep abreast of industry trends with respect to website security, traffic generation, analytics, search methods, etc.
- Coordinate 3rd party survey requests (includes, preparation, distribution and analytics)
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Design, or another related field; experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Webmaster or Web Developer
- Understanding of web analytics
- Experience writing for the web
- Ability to generate creative ideas
- Familiar with iMIS CRM and RiSE development platform
- Familiar with web content management systems such as WordPress
- Familiar with MailChimp
- Proficient in HTML/CSS and XML
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Familiar with industry practices and professional standards with respect to website management
- Knowledge of social media, podcasts, video content and online marketing
- Bilingual (English & French)
Additional Job Requirements
- Ability to work weekends and overtime
The SOGC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The SOGC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Should you be interested, please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Bev Dewan (email@example.com) by Monday, February 8, 2021. Please clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.