Margo Crawford, MBA, ICD.D, Founder & Chair
Margo Crawford is a Canadian thought leader on small and mid-sized enterprises (SME), including SME leadership, succession and strategy. She values knowledge sharing and often speaks both as a keynote speaker and panellist for national events.
In her previous role as President and CEO of the Business Sherpa Group (BSG), she grew BSG to support over 500 small and midsized businesses throughout Canada and internationally by building a team of strategic and operational professionals who provide flexible consulting services in Human Resources, Cloud Based Accounting, Managed Recruitment, and Executive Solutions.
Prior to BSG, Margo was co-founder of Meriton Networks, an optical telecom start-up, and was instrumental in building a company with locations around the world, raising over $75M in equity financing and expansion strategies through M&A. Currently, she sits on the Boards of Digital Opportunity Trust, the Ottawa Network for Education and the Canadian Museum of Nature Foundation. She is a member of the ICD Executive Committee – Ottawa Chapter, the Venture Development Committee of Invest Ottawa and the Ottawa Board of Trade SME Council. She mentors several business peer groups and individual CEOs’ who are scaling and transitioning their businesses.
Margo was named Business Woman of the Year, Women’s Business Network and HR Professional of the Year by the HR Vision Awards.
Small and Medium Sized Businesses | Business Strategy | Organization Design | HR Strategy | Business Insights | Succession Planning | Leadership Mentoring | Leadership Effectiveness | Team Development | Recruiting | Policy Development & Compliance | Talent Management
- ICD.D Designation, Director Education Program – Institute of Corporate Directors, University of Toronto
- Rotman’s School of Business
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) – University of Ottawa
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) – Carleton University
Select speak events
- CPA (GTA West) – Innovation and Technology Conference
- CSAE National Conference
- MaRS – Entrepreneurship 101 & Human Resources Best Practices Series
- Disrupt HR (Ottawa)
- Mindtrust Leadership
- Product Management Association of Ottawa
- Women Powering Technology – panelist
- Canadian Sales Professionals Association
- TiECon Canada – panelist
- Re$earch Money Conference – Scale-Up panelist
- Business of Sport Summit (BOSS)
- Enactus – Ottawa University – Keynote
- Executive Leadership, Legacy Entrepreneurship (ELLE), Ottawa University – Keynote
- Women in Leadership, International Women’s Day, Algonquin College – Keynote